Streamline your event registration
There are some things in life that always seems like a chore. Buying airline tickets is a great example. There are so many options and variables and you can't afford to make a mistake. At the end of an excruciating process, all you've got is a very ordinary plane ticket. The exciting bit is actually getting on the plane to go on your trip.
Similarly, Event registration is not an end in itself - it's a means to an end. People might want to come to your event, but often the registration process can be unwieldy and long-winded. On the day itself, an in-effective registration desk will leave guests waiting in queues whilst organisers scan paper printouts and a table full of badges to find the right name.
So... based on our experience, here are a few tips to streamline your registration processes to make it all a lot easier for your delegates:
- Don't ask unnecessary questions - the more you ask, the more chance of inaccurate responses.
- Keep the online registration onto as few pages as possible - the more clicks, the more painful it is!
- Enable multi-channel registration - ensure that people can book by phone as well as online.
- Make sure any communications are clear and concise so that people can easily find the information they need.
- Use an effective tool and team for your on-site event registration - don't keep people waiting to get in.
- Make the on-site registration as slick and professional as possible - first impressions count.
If you need any other advice on how best to streamline your event registration processes just get in touch - we'd be happy to help!